I'm loving the game so far! The only problem is, the game won't let me select full screen. Every time I try, it glitches and won't let me click done to finalize the change. But besides that, the game is great.
Birth ME Code
A downloadable game for Windows
Your goal in this game is to kill me.
That's what they all heard. All nine of them heard this through their helmets. Of course, Pandora was part of the group. One of the nine. She, too, heard those words; those words she spoke in order to fool all of them.
Unfortunately, your time is not infinite.
But what is her actual goal, here? Where everyone wants to kill Pandora, she wants to kill someone else. She wants to kill the traitor. It's a meticulous plan, all leading to these six deadly hours. It would be funny if it wasn't so morbid.
Should the allotted time expire, then...
Pandora is the mastermind. This isn't about finding her; this is about finding the traitor. There are no innocents here, only criminals. And you're one of them. Welcome to My Emptiness.
You will all surrender your right to live.
- Solve puzzles and hack for information! As the mastermind of the death game, you have the ability to hack into other characters' helmets to see what they see and hear what they hear. Use that knowledge to keep ahead of the participants!
- Use "TRUST" to radically change the story! By making different choices, you can change which characters you have built trust with, which will lead to different outcomes. Only by trying different things will you attain new story routes!
- Mandatory autosaving: choices matter! Once you've made a choice for your save file, that choice is locked in. Be sure to weight your choices or else you may end up with outcomes you can't simply rewind out of! Thankfully, the game comes equipped with 24 file slots to let you retry over and over!
- One flowchart to use with each new file! Equipped with a complex flowchart, you can change your choices on the fly in any new blank save file as long as all trust-changing options for a given choice have been previously done. You can think of it as one bigger puzzle where you change choices to access new routes and dive in at any unlocked point! YOU are in control of the flow.
- The game remembers what you've done! While each save file is a separate route, the game takes into account all that you've done and remembers. Perhaps even, revisiting older saves at a later time may unlock additional content for that file...
Game is intended for Windows only. To avoid all graphical issues, make sure to keep the resolution in 16:9 format, windowed or full screen.
Be aware this is the second entry in the Abime Series. The first entry is Head AS Code. This pair of games is designed to be played in any order you like, but the third game (hitherto unannounced) should be played last, after the both of them.
I am fair... as long as you obey the rules.
|Updated||28 days ago|
|Release date||40 days ago|
|Genre||Visual Novel, Puzzle|
|Made with||GameMaker: Studio|
|Tags||Female Protagonist, GameMaker, Meaningful Choices, Multiple Endings, Mystery, Narrative, Singleplayer, suspense|
|Average session||A few hours|
|Links||Steam, Twitter, Patreon|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $24.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- Version 1.0.3 patch notes (full game)29 days ago
- Ending changes34 days ago
- Emergency update38 days ago
- Full version 1.0.1 patch notes39 days ago
- Day 1 patch40 days ago
- Birth ME Code is released!40 days ago
- Version 1.0.4 (Bug fix)55 days ago
- Birth ME Code "Memento" fix78 days ago
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
If your screen is a bigger resolution than 1920x1080, it currently doesn't stretch to fit the screen properly. I might fix it in a future patch since I figured a way to do that, but since it'll require a good amount of recoding for other things, I might not be able to.
Really enjoyed my Time playing this
I would love to cover this on my channel Sixkilla Gaming when it releases!
I really hope theres not more demo past the first room cause I... can't solve the puzzle. Besides that its all very good!
I have downloaded your demo game. Looks very interesting.
I can figure out how to solve the puzzle.
I have read the other comments but I still can't figure how to solve it.
If it can help, the puzzle is an anagram. Perhaps I should add that as a mention somewhere to make it clearer.
I finally got it solved by going to an online anagram solver.
Maybe you should make the 1st puzzle in the game a little easier.
Some people might be discouraged from trying to solve it.
Just a thought
I will eventually update the demo with some more stuff in it, and the puzzle will most likely be slightly modified further. From testing with someone who plays a lot of puzzle games, this seemed decent difficulty to start things off.
what engine did you make this game with? btw great main menu looking and options menu are insane!
also I played this game but I didn't even understand how should I solve the puzzle, can you give me a hint? I read your comment to someone asking the same thing and I still didn't get it.
Nevermind, I just finished the puzzle :)
don't forget to answer my question about the engine :)
I rarely see games like zero escape.....but this game is even looking better than ze!! I hope the story is good.
So I like the presentation. But I can't get past the first puzzle. The hints don't really help. Is there a walkthough?
There is no walkthrough for the demo. If you still need another hint: when you figure out what is the synonym of "nothing" based upon the second hint, the solution should become clearer.
Sorry, but it doesn't. Every synonym I can think of, of nothingness based on the idea of "increment" doesn't make a word/phrase in the box. I'm trying, but it's just not making sense to me. It's just a shame if there's no answer key since it cuts me off from the rest of the demo so soon.